Aclasta (also known as zoledronate or zoledronic acid) is the most potent form of bisphosphonate available. It is given by an intravenous infusion (into a vein in the arm via a “drip”) over about 15-30 minutes and can be given each 12-24 months as needed for treatment of osteoporosis, thus avoiding the need to take tablets long term.
Cryotherapy / Liquid Nitrogen
Liquid nitrogen (temperature –196C) is used for the treatment of certain skin conditions, e.g. warts, actinic keratoses, seborrhoea keratoses. At Victoria Park Medical Suites the liquid nitrogen will be applied by spray gun.
An electrocardiogram (ECG) records the electrical activity of the heart. The heart generates minute electrical impulses from an area of the heart known as the sino-atrial node, which is then conducted to the heart muscle to make the heart muscle contract. These electrical impulses can be detected by the ECG machine.
Abnormalities in the conduction of the electrical impulse down the conduction pathway or through damaged heart tissue produce abnormal electrical activity which can be picked up by the ECG.
- Well Child checks.
- Well men’s check by nurse.
- Cardiovascular risk assessment
- Family history enquiry especially prostate cancer
- Depression screening
- Annual well women’s check by nurse.
- Cardiovascular risk assessment
- Family history enquiry especially breast cancer, ovarian cancer, osteoporosis
- Smear history
- Depression screen
- Cervical Smear.
- Family planning/ sexual Health.
- Contraceptive advice.
- IUCD (intra-uterine contraceptive device) insertion.
- Mirena insertion.
- Jadelle (implantable hormonal contraceptive device) insertion.
- Depo Provera injections.
We believe that prevention is the best cure.
Minor Accident Care
- Wound cleaning, suturing and dressing.
- Tetanus immunisation.
Patients enrolled with Victoria Park Medical Suites enjoy FREE sessions with our resident psychologist, if clinically indicated.
Skin Checks / Minor Surgery
- Removal of minor skin lesions, cysts, moles and warts.
- Biopsy of suspicious skin lesions and / or referral to specialists if needed.
- Cryotherapy (liquid nitrogen).
- Minor surgery such as wedge resection of nails.
Spirometry gives an objective measurement of airflow and lung volume when assessing lung function. It will distinguish between different types lung diseases and is considered the gold standard for diagnosing, assessing and monitoring chronic obstructive airways disease (COPD).
There are a number of vaccinations that we feel our patients should consider having, although they are not funded by the Ministry of Health. As part of our philosophy of health promotion we will try to offer one of the lowest prices for vaccination in our area. If you are enrolled with the practice we will further reduce the price for the immunisation as we believe this will not only be good for our patients but good for the practice.
We offer a range of the standard travel vaccinations. However we do not provide Yellow Fever vaccination.
Recommended websites to check:
When you come to see our Auckland city doctors for travel advice, it would be very helpful if you could bring with you:
- Itinerary of travel plans, including all destinations and activities
- Documentation of previous travel or childhood immunisations